Sunday, May 27, 2007

Photographer Amos - My Mentor

Yesterday was a very fruitful day. I had lunch with my boss and his wife at Boon Keng coffeeshop for the so call well known 'Bak Kuh Teh' but to be honest so so only la. Anyhow, we went to office and did some stuffs.

Later in the noon, I met my SCG sister Sylvia together with Amos for our first photographing session. My first instinct was we will get started by snapping photographs but according to Amos, we must know what is 'Photograhing' first before we even hands on the camera. He shared many insights and philosophy on the theory part. We spent more than an hour and wrote down notes as well. Never did I know this Art has so much insights to it. The best discussion was when he shared that we must have connection with the camera it self. The lens, body, ISO and etc all work as one unit together with our hands and fingers to capture the beautiful scene/people outside this little box. The most important thing in photography is none other than just 'light reflection' which is the most difficult concept you can master. I will share more when I reach that level. We then took off to Raffles place area and took a few pictures of buildings, moving cars and people. We really enjoyed the session alot as we walked and snapped. Will keep you posted on my skill : )

Dear Amos, I like to take this opportunity to thank you for your willingness and faith in me to teach and impact your skills without any charges or condition and in fact you even offered me to be your assistant. I promise I will put in effort and time in mastering this Art. On behalf on Sylvia as well, we thank you for time and patience. Look forward to the second session with you.

Visit Amos website @ http://www.reflection.sg/ for more details.

No comments: