Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Surprise 1

Finally after 2 hours with my boss and family, I met up with Joe, Jean and my dear sister Lynn at cineleisure. Lynn had to go off last minute because her friend is in bad shape(base on past events, I trusted her!) and she will join us later in the hotel. Remaining just the three of us, we had dinner at the foodcourt and a drink at burger king which we get to know a American. Four of us had a nice chat together : )

I asked Joe whether SinYan is done with her father's day dinner? He called her on the mobile and they actually communicate so darn well, real and professional that I believed the conversation was genuine. Joe said she just finished and on the way back to Singapore where her dad's friend will fetch her to the hotel.

We then made our way there slowly, so slow that we waited for the train for almost 15 minutes as it was the last train. Upon reaching Tanjong Pagar train station as planned we are supposed to see Andi and Lynn at the station to go to the hotel together. As I walked up escalator leading us to the garden, I saw my name DENNIS decorated with light sticks on the grass patch. Above my name, it hanged 13 love notes in heart shape on the tree. Each SCG member wrote their best wishes to me. Then out of nowhere, Kok Leong and Sylvia popped out with a box of muffin birthday cakes and start singing birthday song to me! Goosh....I was not able to let my tears flow as I was shocked and surprise. Even though Joe said 'Let it go', I dun noe what to let go except joy and happiness. I made my birthday wishes and blow off the candle. As the cakes were muffins and tied up with ribbons, there isn't any cake cutting but ribbion cutting ceremony. I thought it was a very creative idea to have muffin cakes as a birthday cake : )

Before I took the love notes down from the tree, I read every single one of them and each note was so full of love and support. I could not help but cry as I read along. I was so so touched by what they had written on the cards. After the readings, I did one round of WIFLS to Kok Leong, Sylvia, Joe, Jean, Andi and Lynn. It was truly an unforgettable moment!

I thought that was it...............

No comments: